During this 6-week course, you will learn how to:
- Recognize and address challenges faced by students with disabilities related to access, success, and completion.
- Articulate faculty and staff roles in reducing barriers for students with disabilities.
- Apply the principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in designing accessible learning experiences.
- Analyze the benefits of Backward Design when developing learning experiences.
- Use Section 508 standards and WCAG 2.0 guidelines to create accessible courses.
- Determine which tools and techniques are appropriate based on course content.
Anyone may enroll and participate in the MOOC. It has been designed for faculty and staff in higher education at any type or level of institution.
Why are we recommending that you take the Access MOOC? Watch this short video: Accessibility MOOC.
Follow these steps to register and participate in the MOOC: